CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer 2008 w/ Team Spidermonkey

Today was my last day as a youth ministry intern at First Lockhart Baptist Church. Even though I didn't really show it on the outside (since I only have one emotion....rock....that one's for you Nic) it was a freakin hard day. There were a ton of students that showed up for our "send-off" breakfast. I love every single one of those students, even the ones that didn't show up this morning. Every single one of the students have impacted my life to be a better leader for them. They have opened my eyes to see the kind of person God wants me to be. I have had a great time trying to lead them down the path that God is calling them to follow. I really appreciate every single one of them and can't wait for the next time I can hang out with them again.
This summer has always been cool because I have made two more absolutely incredible friends. I knew Dusty and JMob before I came back to Lockhart but after this summer I feel like they could definitely take up some spaces on my MySpace top friends list. They are a couple of awesome guys that I will remain friends with from this point forward. I just want to say to you guys directly, "I can't wait until we serve the Kingdom of God again together at some point."
This last paragraph is dedicated to my boy Nic. Now Jo, you know that I love you and you mean a lot to me but this one is to Nic. Thanks for letting me come on staff and help serve your students. Thank you for allowing me to stay in your home all summer and for all the food you provided. Thank you so much for teaching me everything that you have taught me and just for always being there when I needed you. I know that we butt heads a lot but that is the way that God has made us. It's pretty interesting that He would put two stong willed guys like ourselves together so that we could "storm the Gates of Hell" together. I appreciate everything you do for me and I can't wait till we are serving together side by side (as opposed to me being under your authority all the time). I love you man and I am constantly praying for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you buddy.

it's been a pleasure to serve with you. i couldn't have picked better guys to hang out with.

i think God definitely has big things for you. i look forward to watching what those are.

Pam said...

I've never told you this but every day I try to conciously see a blessing that God has given me and thank Him for it, even if it's only something small, like seeing a redbird perch on a limb in front of me. I get so caught up in living life that I don't take the time to look around me and just thank God for all the amazing things He does for me. Reading your blog reminded me that I don't tell you often enough how great you are and how much you mean to me. Today, I thanked God for you...you amaze me and make me want to be a better person. I thank Him for letting me be a part of your life. I know He has great plans for you and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you, son.

Jenna Coe said...

Baby I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished this summer. You have done a great job and I have really seen you grow and mature this summer. I can't wait to see what the next school year holds for the both of us. I love you!