CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Trying to Shed Some Pounds

If you guys read this blog often then you know that I am a huge fan of Perry Noble...he is to me like Mark Driscoll is to JMob. If you guys don't get that then I should probably let you know that JMob is a huge Driscoll fan and hangs on every word he says. Anyways I am a huge Perry Noble fan and last weekend he preached about if it was alright for a Christian to drink alcohol. Well he was talking about how a lot of people were getting all pissy about having a beer but there are a lot of facts that prove that obesity is just a big a problem in Christianity as alcohol. If you guys wanna read a couple of the facts from that sermon then here is the link to Perry's blog. Now his words got me thinking about that and it is so true. Obesity is a huge problem that noone ever talks about but it is just as bad as drinking. I do not consider myself obese at all but I do think that I could stand to shed a few pounds. So this week I have been running everyday and trying to get in a workout. It takes a lot of work to push aside my XBox time to go for a workout but I have managed to do it. Now I have not turned into a total health nut or anything because I still eat whatever the crap I want but I have made a couple of changes. This week I have had nothing but water to drink and that automatically has made me feel better. I also have just tried eating smaller portions of whatever I've got in front of me. So I am trying my best to shed these pounds and put a stop to my problem with gluttony but it will take some work. So if you guys are looking for something to pray for then pray for my endurance in this task. I already am missing cookies and brownies but will have to cut back on them quite a bit. Now I have to go ice my entire body after my two hour basketball game so until next time. Dueces!

2 comments:

JMob said...

good stuff buddy. really dig the picture.

since mark driscoll lied to me and has somebody else tweet for him, he's fallen down on my list behind perry.

we need to convince nicky b to do the fitness challenge

Anonymous said...

I know why you are working out. You are afraid of having a 30 year old body. Ha! Ha! I am glad to hear that you are doing well.