CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

The Season is Nearing

I love the game of football. I think that the every aspect of the game is just absolutely incredible. Most people are really excited about the Olympics right now. For me...well....I just really don't give a crap about the Olympics. I mean, I like the men's basketball but it is nothing in comparison to a football game. My football infatuation goes beyond just a love for pro football. A couple of years ago I was looking for easy ways to make money and so somebody introduced me to officiating high school football games. I love when the the high school football season rolls around. I love being out there on the field and just watching guys that are passionate about the game of football go out there and knock the crap out of each other. I also enjoy college football however I feel most of the time that college football saturdays are just something to keep me slightly entertained between friday and sunday. Sunday is the day God created and told us to rest on.....so that we could sit back and enjoy the NFL regular season. I absolutely love the Dallas Cowboys. If you have hung out with me for longer than thirty minutes you know that I bleed blue and silver. The worst part of my year is the NFL offseason. It consists of me breaking out in cold sweats and reading mock drafts over and over again.

So you may be wondering why I am posting about football. Well the reason behind this post is that the NFL preason has begun! Now I know there have been a couple of games on already but the preason doesn't officially kick off until my beloved Cowboys open up their preseason against the San Diego Chargers tomorrow night at 9 p.m. I cannot wait for this game to get underway and if you need to talk to me then it will have to wait until Sunday because I will not remove myself from the TV during that game. I will be tuned in the entire time and I suggest you do too. Forget the Olympics....be a true american and watch some preseason football.

1 comments:

Jenna Coe said...

Today Martina told me that she has never watched a single minute of American football. I told her that maybe you would take her to a game sometime so that you can explain to her how awesome it is.