CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Blog

So after a lot of reading of other blogs I have decided to try this thing out. I don't really know how this is going to work out because I tend to get really excited about stuff and then two weeks later totally forget what I was doing. Hopefully though with enough encouragement and pressure from other people wanting a look inside of my crazy thoughts.
So far the summer has been pretty busy. I have moved to Lockhart, Tx to start interning for my boy Nic Burleson. He is an incredible youth minister and I look forward to working with him again and letting him disciple me this summer. I also get the chance to work with two awesome guys in Jonathan Mobley (or J-Mob as we call him around the locker room) and Dusty Pittman. These guys are incredible men of God and I look forward to hanging with them this summer and serving in the ministry alongside them.
This past weekend I tagged along with Nic and Jo as we went down to Corpus Christi to hang out with Jo's family and watch her sister graduate from Texas A&M Corpus. While we were there Nic and I checked out the place that we would be staying for high school camp this year. I would describe the way that these places looked but it only brings up bad memories that I have tried to erase from my mind since last saturday. We were kind of disappointed but we knew that God was still going to do amazing things for our students. Saturday night we left Corpus Christi and headed back to Lockhart for church the next morning. We woke up on sunday morning and went to church where Jenna and I tag teamed the Jr. High Sunday School class. The class went very well and it was really cool to see how the kids responded. For the main service Nic preached in front of the church because it was senior sunday. He preached about acquiring a pig's lifestyle and the correct ways to avoid that. The rest of the day was spent bumming around and going to see Prince Caspian in theaters.
This week JMob, Dusty, and I will be working on some stuff for high school camp while also putting on wednesday night bible study. Nic and Jo are out of town at some church conferences and for some reason they left us in charge. I am teaching Bible study this wednesday and for anyone that knows me, you guys know that I am gonna get pretty nervous so definately be praying for me about that. Also be praying for our students and that everything will go well so that we dont get yelled at when the boss gets back.

2 comments:

Jordan Speegle said...

Welcome to the blogger world JCo!

JMob said...

nice layout dude. you are officially one of the chosen few and have a link on my blog