CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

An Awesome Wednesday with Great People

Wow....today was an incredible day to be alive. The day started with me going to set things up for the Attic. I had to turn the air conditioners on in there so we didn't all get heat stroke by the time Bible Study rolled around. After that I went to the office and worked on my Bible study for a little longer. I listened to a couple of speeches by Mark Driscoll and also listened to some audio sermons by J.R. Vassar. Both of these guys are incredible communicators of the word and I would definately suggest that you search for their stuff online. The best part of the day was when one of my best friends in the world showed up to offer his support while I was teaching tonight. Chris Gist is one of my best friends and we have known each other a long time. We grew up together and his family has always been so incredible to me and I thank God for blessing me with them and his friendship all the time. But Chris drove down to Lockhart from Goldthwaite to hear me teach and just to hang out for the day. It was really good to see him and when he got here we went and grabbed some lunch at Dobb's Chicken. After we left there we went back to the church and grabbed JMob and then headed back to the house. Dusty met us there and we spent the next hour just talking and hanging out. After a while we headed up to the Attic. When we got there we were surprised to see a whole crew of kids waiting for us to open it up. Last week Nic preached an awesome message about actually living for Christ and really getting involved within the student ministry. So this group of kids decided that their way to give back was to come and clean the Attic before everyone got there. It was incredible to watch them clean the entire place and just see Christ shining out of them. After a while all the rest of the kids started to show up and we hung out and talked to everyone for about an hour. We started the service and the worship band did an amazing job just like they always do. Then it was my turn to get up there and do my thing. I was pretty nervous but prayed for God to speak through me and I really feel that that is what happened tonight. I spoke to the kids about religion vs. relationship and even though everyone told me that I did a good job I think that Mark Driscoll does an even better job of explaining this and I would HIGHLY recommend that if you have the ten minutes to spare that you should click on Jenna's blog under my links list and watch the video that she posted about this very topic. It is an incredible message about what we have turned religion into. Anyways the night ended and everyone went home and I got the chance to head over to Mr. Taco and eat with all the people that help make wednesday night at the Attic possible. It was a great time to sit down and visit with everyone and spend some time with good food and even better people. Once we left there Chris told me that he had to head back to Goldthwaite and he took off that way. I am so glad that God has put so many awesome people in my life to help keep me on the straight and narrow but also just to have fun with as we live this life. So to all of you guys that helped me today and always stand by me.....Thanks a lot, I couldn't have done it without you. Oh and by the way Nic and Jo, even though you guys arent here it definately includes you too.

1 comments:

JMob said...

1. you did awesome tonight big dog.

2. i like how my link is ahead of nicky b. and it should stay that way.

3. i know the great people really includes just me and i can't say i disagree