CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Time To Think

It is officially the middle of the summer for the First Lockhart Baptist Church youth group. I apologize for not blogging for so long (not that it's a big deal Mom, since you are the only one that reads this thing) but we have been crazy busy and I am exhausted. I am actually so exhausted that I took a week off this week to go on vacation. You are probably thinking where I would be able to go on a youth interns salary, well, the answer is Stephenville, Tx. That is right, I took a week long break and came to my apartment in Stephenville just to get away from everything for a while. The past two days I have done nothing but lay on the couch and eat Chicken Noodle Soup. It may not seem like a glorious place to go to rest but I am thoroughly enjoying it and while I am here I have had time to review some points of the month of June. They are as follows:

  1. I had an awesome 21st birthday thanks to my wonderful girlfriend. I had a great day and she did everything she could to make sure it was like that. THANK YOU JENNA!!! I wanted to thank everyone that wished me Happy Birthday and let you guys know that I appreciate you all.
  2. Our two summer trips thus far (Beach Break and Mission Arlington trip) have gone absolutely incredible. I have had a great time trying to minister to these students and hopefully they are getting something out of what we do this summer.
  3. I am having an incredible time working with Nic, Dusty, and JMob that I work with. It is a major drawback of my vacation that I don't get to hang out with them this week. They are some awesome people to work with and even just greater people in general. I become better friends with all of them over the summer and look forward to not only working with them this summer but for future projects.
  4. I have my family reunion coming up this weekend. There are not a lot of families like mine (unless you travel to Mississippi or Arkansas or somewhere like that). I really do like hanging out with my family especially in the big gatherings like our family reunion. I am looking forward to seeing my Granny for a couple of days as well as the rest of my family. Also on a side note I would appreciate a lot of prayers for my Granny as I don't think she is doing very well.
  5. Finally, while sitting here in Stephenville and listening to nothing but music and the television it really make me realize that I absolutely love what I do. I would not trade my job for anything in the world. If not for my reunion this weekend I would have already headed back and started hanging out with students again, especially for The Attic. Please be praying for our students. Pray that they would lose themselves over the summer and just be fully aware of what God has in store for them and let them know that it is better than what is going on in their stupid little everyday lives.
Thats all I got for now but hopefully it won't be as long before I post again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know i'm a bit late leavin this...but i read it. i'm glad your summer has been a blessing! and i'm going to make a real effort to make it a routine to stop by your blog...
-sawyer