CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Time for review

So I am sitting here on the couch with absolutely nothing to do because the people at Dish Network have decided that they have no idea what is wrong with our channels. I have decided that after taking a couple of days off I am now going to go ahead and blog about the following week. Also after looking at my other blog posts and looking at Nic's blog posts I have decided to use the numbering system (just to be a little different) so that it will look more organized

  1. We took a great group of kids that really have the ability to turn their school and their town upside down if they would just take the time to pull their heads out and actually start listening to what God is trying to tell them
  2. The worship services progressively got better as the week went on. I was not impressed by Toby's speaking at first but as the week wore on I think that he started to get more comfortable and the kids started responding to his stories more, making it easier on everyone.
  3. The band rocked out and even though there were a couple of problems with them they did a great job of joining us to worship with them and was exactly the right type of music for the kids to listen to all week. I think everyone really responded in the worship through music part of the camp.
  4. I had to most amazing Tribe ever. I have included a picture of my Tribe for everyone to see at the top of this blog. For those who don't know our "Tribes" this year were our small groups. I led mine with Tommie Burkland and I thank her for all of her help that she provided me with. But our Tribe (Krunkawa) was pretty much incredible. All of them have a passion for God and did a great job of talking with each other when we were in our small group time. I will definitely miss hanging out with them this week.
  5. The morning worship time was really cool to listen to. All three of the guys that spoke (Doug from Pflugerville, Nic, and Bill from Connections) did an incredible job of getting the message that God laid on their hearts out. I got a lot out of every morning worship time and am glad that I got to be a part of it.
  6. This is the last point and it is about the most disturbing but best part of the week. Those incoming freshmen guys. If anyone read my twitter updates through the week you noticed that I sometimes can not stand any of those idiots. But at the same time I love them all to death. They are some great kids but really need to reconsider what they are living for. Every single one of them has so much potential and if they could just live up to it then this world would never be the same. I hope that those guys took this week seriously and that they learned something. Please be praying for all of those guys as they go back into the real world this week and living their life among people who dont always have the same beliefs as our camp did.
So that was my review of Beach Break 2008. It was a great week and if I hadnt of gotten sunburned and possibly fractured my left foot then it may have been the greatest week of all time. Now if you guys have time I would suggest that you follow my link list over to JMob's blog where you can see a video of a media guy and a fat guy trying to skimboard.

0 comments: