CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Beach Break 2008

Tonight was pretty nuts. Nic's family came down for the day to hang out so his Mom, Brother, and Cousin came down and were chillin in the house while we were all trying to do our last minute packing for camp. I am so pumped about this upcoming week. I have been praying about this week for quite a while now and I hope that all of my readers out there have been doing the same. I am really looking forward to see what God is going to teach our students this week. For those who don't know what Beach Break is it is our high school camp. We head down to Port Aransas for the week and hang out with each other. We bring in a band and a speaker and have worship services at night while we fellowship during the day. After a lot of failed attempts to find a decent camp while I was in Nic's youth group he decided to start his own. We have been doing our own camp for four years now and every year it gets bigger. We are going with two other churches this year and plan on taking somewhere around 120 people. It is a great idea that Nic had to start his own camp at the beach. It is a great time to get away from the pressure and temptations of everyday life and just admire the beauty that God has given us. There is nothing more spectacular than walking on the beach at night and listening to the waves and realizing that the same God that made all of it cares about us and knows us by name. If that doesn't excite you then I don't know what will. Anyways I ask for all of you to be praying for our students this week but also for our adult sponsors. As much as the kids learn on these trips I always feels that God shows me twice as much. So I gotta finish packing but will be updating throughout the week so be sure to check it out.